1. Parking: Rental riders understand that Bikerbnb rental bikes must not be parked on the street in city centres. Bikes must be parked in secure parking blocks or locked garages, with provided security device and steering lock on.
2. Theft: Bikerbnb’s commercial hire insurance coverage prohibits riders from parking motorcycles on surface streets in city centres like Edinburgh and Glasgow. Rental riders acknowledge that parking a rental motorcycle on a busy street in urban areas significantly increases the likelihood of theft. Should a rental rider choose to park in a high-risk area with full awareness of the potential risks, they will assume full liability for any resulting theft and will be held responsible for the cost of replacing the bike if it stolen and any costs associated with the recovery / repair of the machine.
3. Tracking: Rental riders are aware that rental bikes are fitted with GPS trackers and Bikerbnb can monitor rider locations, speeds and distance travelled. These trackers are used primarily for riders’ safety in the unfortunate event of an accident or breakdown.
These trackers provide Bikerbnb with key data about the bike, and this extends to parking in high-risk areas that are ‘ring fenced’. Therefore, Bikerbnb will automatically be alerted when a bike is parked in a high-risk area and rental riders will be asked to move the bike to a secure lock-up at their expense.
4. Fuel: Rental riders understand that Bikerbnb bikes are sent out with a full fuel tank and must be returned full. Extra charges for staff time plus fuel will apply if the bike is not returned with a full tank of fuel. Staff time will be a cost of £15 per bike plus the fuel charge.
5. Return: Bikerbnb requests bikes to be returned to agreed location by 5pm. Any late returns will be charged a fee of £50 per hour, per bike.
6. Damage: The renter must return the motorcycle in the same condition that they received it, except for normal wear and tear. The renter will be responsible for all costs, up to £1500 of damage to the motorcycle. Additionally, responsibility for damage includes the following conditions:
a. Damage caused by anyone who is not an authorised renter as specified by our agreement, or by anyone whose motorcycle driving license is suspended in any jurisdiction.
b. Damage caused by anyone under the influence of prescription or non-prescription drugs or alcohol.
c. Damage caused by anyone who obtained the motorcycle or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent, or misleading information.
d. Damage caused while pushing or towing anything, or in any race, speed test, or contest, or while teaching anyone to ride a motorcycle.
e. Damage caused when the motorcycle is used for riding off-road or on unpaved surfaces without clear, written prior approval from us.
f. Damage caused while carrying dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material in or on the motorcycle.
g. Damage caused when the motorcycle’s fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the motorcycle.
h. Damage caused because of the renter's willful, wanton, or reckless act.
7. Parking and Speeding Fines: The renter assumes full responsibility for any parking or speeding fines incurred during the rental period. The renter agrees to promptly pay any fines received. In the event that Bikerbnb is notified of any parking or speeding fines, Bikerbnb reserves the right to charge the renter for any associated administrative fees. Bikerbnb is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the renter's failure to comply with traffic regulations or parking restrictions.
8. Mileage: We operate a fair-use mileage policy. If you intend to exceed 200 miles per day (on average over the term of your rental) you must inform us in advance to avoid any additional mileage charges (at 60p per mile).